We provide revolutionary pain relief with no drugs, no side effects, and no surgery! It’s fast, affordable, and our patients love it!
If you experience pain in your chest or ribs, it is best to see your doctor immediately. There are many conditions, many serious, which can be related to pain in the chest or ribs. A medical evaluation is your first course of action.
If appropriate, pain in the upper back, ribs and chest can be easily treated with physical therapy. The causes of chest pain are many, but often consist of trauma, tight muscles, poor posture or inflammation of the cartilage. Even simple movements, such as sleeping in an awkward position or rolling in bed, can strain the ligaments and joints where the ribs meet the spine.
For some people, the pain can become recurring and ongoing. Physical therapy can often give you the relief you are seeking. When assessing chronic spine, chest or rib pain, poor posture, especially forward drawn shoulders can be the culprit. This posture is often seen in people who are generally unfit and have:
- weak core muscles
- increased thoracic spine curvature (kyphosis)
- sedentary occupations
- jobs that require carrying loads for prolonged times
- scoliosis of the mid-back
Our chest and rib pain program will be tailored to your specific problem and include the following:
- Rapid pain relief strategies and patient education
- Development of home treatment program
- Manual therapy to normalize range of motion
- Soft tissue mobilization to normalize muscle tone
- Exercise to improve movement and strength
- Postural re-training
If you have pain or limitation in your ribs or chest, we can help! Call Westwood Physical Therapy to schedule an appointment with one of our therapists.